· BIRTH DOULA ·
The journey women go through when creating a new life is incredible and so variable in a short period of time. Sometimes all these changes can be intense and challenging.
I am here to help.
I combine practical and emotional support adjusting my sessions to fit your needs whilst always supporting your choices.
It is of great importance to me to take into consideration all different cultures, traditions and personal backgrounds.
What are the benefits of having a birth doula?
1. A birth Doula will help you feel informed about birth choices and support you in following your instincts
2. A birth Doula will support you in labour in many different ways - pep talks, massages, relaxation techniques, labouring positions and more! She will also make sure that your birth environment is how you want it (dim lights, soft music, and so on)
3. Having a Doula often means a decreased rate of interventions during labour. Studies have shown a decrease in the caesarean rate, the use of forceps, vacuum extraction and episiotomies.
4. A doula can bring support for the partner too. Doulas allow partners to step back and rest without any attached guilt!
5. Doula really value your birth experience and acts as an advocate, helping you to follow your birth plan.
6. A Doula can also mean a better postpartum experience. Having someone to talk to and help during those first few days after birth it's incredibly beneficial with parents feeling less anxious and isolated.
Remember Doulas work with you, not with the hospital or the Midwife and she will be with you every step of the way.
Rebozo massage included in the Doula package.